bogofilter on cygwin (works)

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at piology.org
Mon Nov 7 19:55:09 CET 2005

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

>> This brings me again to something I said months ago: If we
>> want to become bogofilter to become much more popular, we
>> should try to have it run under MS Windows.
>
>In order to achieve that, we'll have to set up paid support - we'd have
>to buy other computers, Windows licenses that are good for software
>development, and so on...

Since various open source projects are able to do it I was
hoping that someone would have those requirements.

>I still think we should use the best tool for the problem, and that's
>POSIX for network related stuff such as mail systems.

The question is: Who are the users? My impression is that
many users here are end users (meaning: people not running
the filter for several users, but only for themselves). This
user group often uses Windows and does not have access to
its mail server. So they cannot use Bogofilter. Not even
those who have a local (Windows) mail server as included in
the pretty popular Hamster package could run Bogofilter.

pi