Bogofilter system-wide setup

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun May 29 15:27:22 CEST 2005

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:08:56 -0300
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> Has anybody implemented bogofilter in a system-wide setup using postfix and
> perhaps amavis? Is it efficient to have a single database for that? I
> currently have about 60 users with postfix-2.2.x and cyrus-imapd-2.2.x.

Hello Andreas,

Yes.  A system-wide setup with postfix and bogofilter is efficient.
There are small companies (80-100) users, non-profits (approx 2000
users), universities ( 6000 users), etc using bogofilter (though I'm
not sure if they're also using postfix).

Amavis may not be necessary.  In my 5 user environment, bogofilter has
been doing a good job of catching viruses (which it thinks are spam).

HTH,