Basic Bogofilter maintenance examples?

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Thu May 26 01:37:58 CEST 2005

Incoming from David Relson:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:18:20 -0600
> s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > Hi.  I'm using Debian stable/woody and the bogofilter from
>
> Hello and welcome to the list !

Hello yourself, and thanks.

> I suggest that you experiment to see what _really_ happens.  Start by
> copying wordlist.db to a new directory, then have fun experimenting!

I did exactly that.  One of the examples I found mentioned how to dump
wordlist.db to a text file I could vi, so I cleaned out all the
foreign characters, then slurped it back in.  Worked great.

Incoming from Tom Anderson:
> From: "s. keeling" <keeling at spots.ab.ca>
> >errors/misclassifications are handled manually with a few mutt macros:
> >
> >  # de-register prior classification as ham  - Bad
> >  #
> >  macro index B "|/usr/bin/bogofilter -Ns\n"
>
> This is wrong.  If you use "BS" with your macros as defined above, you will
> unregister a spam as ham once and register it as spam twice.  Your "B"

Thanks for that.  Guess I should have been paying closer attention to
the docs.

Incoming from Bill Wohler:
> "s. keeling" <keeling at spots.ab.ca> writes:
>
> > Hi.  I'm using Debian stable/woody and the bogofilter from
> > www.backports.org, 0.17.4-0.backports.org.1; and yes, I suppose it is
> > ancient.  I'll be happy to upgrade when Sarge goes stable.  :-)
>
> It actually not that ancient. The version in backports.org is really
> 0.93.5. It contains the tri-state default, the use of Ham/Spam in the

Good to know, thanks.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -