Detecting false-positives

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Mon May 23 04:12:55 CEST 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005 13:30:31 -0700
David Carmean <dlc at halibut.com> wrote:

> How do those of you detect false-positives?

I have a Python script that sorts the messages in my spam folder by
increasing spamicity and displays one line for each. The idea is that
false positives usually have a lower score and are likely to show up at
the top of the list. I visually scan the subject lines looking for
misclassifications.

Of my last 26,000 spam messages, 0.12% have been false positives, mostly
mailing list subscribe/unsubscribe traffic. Legitimate commercial email
is sometimes very spammy.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany