Error 2 executing bogo in procmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu May 19 12:23:22 CEST 2005

Kevin Williams <netkev at gmail.com> writes:

> Good point, I'd used sendmail for 3 years before this last month and I
> had heard good things about qmail (doesnt yahoo! use qmail?) so I
> thought I'd try it.  Since I've used qmail however, I have constantly
> heard people reccomending postfix whereas before I never did.  I think
> I'll definitely try postfix next time around which is probably the
> next time I switch dedicated server ISPs.

To make this clear, every qmail user should switch NOW, not later,
unless he has great expertise in writing mail software and can fix
qmail's many bugs. <http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html> lists
several of them, and each security bug, each RFC violation alone is a
compelling reason to stop using qmail *today* rather than tomorrow,
particularly the "deferred bounces" behavior of qmail's is a major
practical problem today with truckloads full of mail with forged
envelope senders around, YOUR qmail lets itself be instrumented to
harrass innocent bystanders.