Error 2 executing bogo in procmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon May 16 13:50:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Kevin Williams wrote:

> Awesome.  I've been struggling with this for days.  I saw the -p -e
> bit in several examples, but the lingo in the man page about it didnt
> make sense to me.  Ofcourse now that I re-read it, it does.
>
> Thanks again, I can finally have my inbox back again (recently
> switched from a sendmail-setup dedicated server to a qmail setup).

A current and maintained piece of software is replaced by a slow 7-year
old piece of unmaintained software with unplugged security holes and
serious technical bugs and non-standard interfaces.

I'm impressed how many users DJB still lures with his big talk about
security and reliablitiy. Some facts that DJB doesn't tell you I
have collected at <http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html> - and
that's only half of the story.

My personal favorite is Postfix, but any MTA with resonable maintainer
that is *actively* maintained is fine. Postfix, Exim and Sendmail fall
into this category.