banner ad spam

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Fri May 13 19:04:20 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com>
> Sorry but this is not totally bogofilter related.  Without using spam
> assassin, has anyone figured out a way to block spam when it's just a
> picture with some text content.
>
> Seems like the pic is linked to some random hostname:
> wegwehrrrrhrh.somedomain.com and bogofilter only scores the url as a
> whole.
> If it score just on somedomain.com then I was continue training.

Eric,

As was just discussed in the "Why strip headers?" thread, this is the very
reason I created spamitarium
(http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/spamitarium).  It gets rid of any
noise in the header and gives some additional header tokens to filter on
such as the ASN and additional IP/host lookups.  Try passing your email
through spamitarium before bogofilter and see if that helps your scores.

Other than that, just keep correcting them.

Tom