Revised scripts

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun May 8 14:56:58 CEST 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005 06:55:52 -0500
Bill McClain wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:06:02 -0400
> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> > I've attached copies of the scripts as they now stand.  If you use
> > them, please give these new versions a test drive and let me know how
> > it goes.
>
> bf_compact works, but created 89 1MB log files, which didn't happen
> before. bogoutil --db-prune deleted them.
>
> -Bill
> --
> Sattre Press                                    In the Quarter
> http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers
> info at sattre-press.com         http://sattre-press.com/itq.html

Hi Bill,

Sounds like the db-prune needs to go back in.  With a default build
that does auto-probing, the use of --db-transaction=no does _not_
generate log files.

What does "bogofilter -V" say?  Did you build it yourself?  If so,
what options did you use?   Did you install from a binary package?
Which one?

The feedback is appreciated!