me rindo: training to exhaustion

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at piology.org
Sun May 8 13:05:35 CEST 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>> I'm getting more "unsures" than I'd like

For me unsure is an error state, since it requires a
correction. So I work with twostate and am really happy with
it.

>> and was thinking that training
>> to exhaustion might speed up bogofilter's learning. I use maildir format
>> and it looks like bogominitrain.pl requires mbox. I use mutt for mail
>> and while I can write tagged messages to an mbox, it's kind of a pain.

Yes it does. Feel free to construct a loop go trhough
maildir. Or simply build a wrapper that collects all the
messages into on mbox.

>I don't recommend train to exhaustion.  True, it'll give you short term
>accuracy.  However, it will also lessen your long term accuracy.

There is really no hint for that. I use it for many months
and have no need to mess around with my database. I just do
the corrections runs needed every few days.

pi