Why strip headers?

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sat May 7 01:33:06 CEST 2005

Howdy Tom,

I like the concept of spamitarium; I hope I didn't sound like I was
attacking it. My intention was really only what I summarised in the
Subject field, i.e. to establish why you'd do this.

On 06-May-2005, Tom Anderson wrote:
> From: "David Relson" <relson at osagesoftware.com>
> >Since Tom is distributing the source code, you can modify it as you
> >see fit.
>
> As I mentioned, the command line switch is already there to turn on
> non-standard field stripping.  Using spamitarium without it does not
> strip any fields.  I'm also open to any suggestions for improvements
> or more functionality and would very much be interested in patches.

My Perl is rather rusty, but would you be interested in a patch to
turn this from a binary "all X-Foo or none of them", to a
configuration option which allows:

  - discard all X-Foo (same as the current default)
  - discard all X-Foo and permit the rest
  - permit some X-Foo and discard the rest
  - permit all X-Foo (same as using the current s option)

I don't know if this is something you'd want to implement, since I
probably won't get the chance to do so for a while.

--
 \       "Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have |
  `\         to murder a loved one because they're the devil."  -- Emo |