Doing this right?

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Thu May 5 18:06:34 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:34:04 -0400
Greg Louis disseminated the following:

> > bogofilter -n < falsepos
>
> Right.
>
> > spamicity=0.494604
> > after running the retraining command on the same message, I get this:
> > joehill at node3:~/mail$ bogofilter -vv < falsepos
> >
> > Am I correct in assuming that the lower score is because of the retraining
> > command I ran on the message?
>
> Exactly correct.  Training increased the database's nonspam counts by 1
> for every token in that message, and the effect was to lower the spam
> "probability" value for each token; that, in turn, lowered the overall
> spam score as you saw.

...and yet, after 'retraining', a subsequent mail from the same person (replying
to my reply) again received a relatively high score:

Luckily, I had upped my spam threshold to .50, but I'm still curious as to why
mail from this particular person is getting scored so high after retraining with
a misclassified message from them.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
12:00:42 up 73 days, 13:10, 7 users, load average: 0.04, 0.01, 0.00