Sorry to bother again, but ...

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Mar 25 19:02:50 CET 2005

Laurent Darrambide <ldarrambide at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 04:23:39PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> > bogoutil --db-verify wordlist.db
>> > Erreur de segmentation (seg fault)
>>
>> Sorry. As you are using the transactional version, there should be no
>> need to use --db-verify.
>
> Yes to transactional version, why for there should be no
> need to use --db-verify?

Because the database can only become corrupted if you run bogofilter
outside specs, i. e. with disks' write caches enabled and losing power,
or across NFS or other networked file systems.

> Acknoledged, done now. But strangely, my ~/.bogofilter/DB_CONFIG was set
> by using bf_resize. I thought it was reliable.

It needs to be set again occasionally if your database has grown.

>> The recent dsm_* OO cleanups broke some part of the initialization, I'm
>> currently working on this issue. Please bear with me while I sort things
>> out.
>
> I didn't get the next sentence. Time for dictionary.

«Je vous prie de votre indulgence.» would match this.