A tristate question.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Mar 20 14:32:31 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:44:26 -0500
Clint Adams wrote:

> > truly necessary, but they provide a place for customizing.  Lines with
> > '##' (two of them) show alternate values -- typically to illustrate how
> > the command can be used.  My copy of the file doesn't have any '###'
> > lines.  Evidently that's a Debian modification.  More that 3 hash marks
> > show a comment or heading.  (An abbreviated form of this information is
> > at the beginning of the file).
>
> Yes, it's as if one were to do the following command.
>
> tail +10 bogofilter.cf.example | sed 's/^/#/' > /etc/bogofilter.cf

Hi Clint,

In the SourceForge tarballs, every line of bogofilter.cf.example is
either blank or matches '^#'.  Running sed 's/^/#/'  adds a '#' to each
line and invalidates the explanation at the beginning:

  # Default settings (as defined in the bogofilter source code)
  # have a single hash mark at the beginning of the line.

  # Alternate values have two hash marks.

There seems no need for adding a '#' to each line.  Why not use
bogofilter.cf.example without modification?

Regards,