Excessive memory usage: bug?

JUANVAQUEROPONC JUANVAQUEROPONC at terra.es
Mon Mar 14 18:05:38 CET 2005

Matthias Andree wrote:
> It caches the whole token count to be registered in RAM so it can sort
> the tokens to achieve acceptable performance. We tried without and it
> was slow like a snail.

Could the code that doesn't have the tokens in memory be available for
old machines (<=512MB of RAM) as an option.
I'd like to test that code to see how slow it is and convince by myself
(or just see that it works OK :-)
Leaving all the caching to libdb (or sqlite) shouldn't change things.

Could anybody tell me how to get the old code that doesn't have the big
token list in memory?

> Do you have lots of random garbage (rather than regular words in
> messages) in that mailbox? Note that attachments do not count,
> bogofilter skips them.

I have all the spam in a folder, that includes Asian and Russian
messages.

What's the actual key and value stored in the database?
Is it explained somewhere?

If the key is just the token and the value is just the token count, we
may be able to try using a mysql database to manage the tokens and
token count using a table structure like the sqlite backend.
I haven't been able to compile the sqlite backend yet.