maildrop

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 02:37:46 CET 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> The thought of a 'mail' group had briefly crossed my mind (and been
> forgotten :-)  "sudo" seems a bit heavy handed, though the idea of
> 'group bogouser' seems reasonable.  Guess it's time to experiment :-)

I cannot say that I'm particularly fond of the "mail" group ID approach
as this would allow "raw" access from outside the mailfilter (maildrop,
procmail, whatever).

The sudo approach still allows users to feed arbitrary amounts of data
through bogofilter -upel (whatever the option order was, I don't care
but sudo will) but that's what bogofilter's and sudo's logging are good
for (or against), just tell your users you know what they're doing. :-)