Training from scratch

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Mar 7 11:14:40 CET 2005

Debian bogofilter v 0.93.5-1 using courier/maildroprc with
a default /etc/bogofilter.cf except for "spam_cutoff= 0.80".

I thought I'd try training from empty to see how that goes
and I'd like to check that I have this worked out right. All
messages coming in go thru...

. xfilter "/usr/bin/bogofilter -u -e -p -d $HOME/.bogofilter"

then any spams in an IMAP "retraining" folder go thru...

. bogofilter -d${MPATH}.bogofilter -Ns < "$i"

and any good messages in an alternate retraining folder go thru...

. bogofilter -d${MPATH}.bogofilter -Sn < "$i"

Just now I tried 10 emails in a row from myself and they all
ended up as Unsure with a weight of 0.52. I manually fed them
thru the above rule and yet they continued to have a weight
of 0.52. I would have assumed that after training about 200
words 10 times via "-Sn" that bogofilter would start to register
these tokens as "good" and the 0.52 weight would decrease ?

($MPATH is each users homedir for mail, is is correct)

--markc