Handling bounced spam messages

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Jun 13 19:01:13 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 01:22, Tom Anderson wrote:
> > Is this really a potential problem and can anyone suggest a
> > good strategy to deal with bounces and otherwise spammish
> > admin messages so that obviously spammish tokens do not get
> > relearned as ham tokens ?

> Simply don't train with them at all.

I should have mentioned that I do want to see some of these
messages, just not the ones that are obviously bounces from
spam, ie; they need to be filtered somehow, preferably not
by a human. As s. keeling responded, I'll look into some
specific and targetted pre-bogo filtering but between that
and using stripsearch I may as well use the likes of
spamasssasin and be done with it (I presume, never used it).

--markc