A weird wordlist.db problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jun 12 19:31:37 CEST 2005

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:18:36 -0700
.rp wrote:

> someone remind again on why moving the wordlist.db to Berkely
> SleepyKat is such a good idea.
>

> this is the main reason I have not moved off of .17

RP,

'Tis a false reason, I'm sad to say ...

Try running "file wordlist.db" from your bogofilter directory.  Unless
you've built bogofilter from source and specified a different database
it will say

  Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)

BerkeleyDB from Sleepcat has been the standard database since October
2002.

Transaction support wasn't in a release until 0.93.0;  any version
older than that does not do transactions.  The promotion of 0.94.12
from "current" to "stable" can be viewed as a statement by bogofilter's
developers that the code is stable, safe to use, and doesn't have
problems of any importance.

What has changed in the database support is that now you can use
transactions, if you wish.  Bogofilter's default build allows run-time
specification to use (or not use) transactions.  The default mode is to
run the old way -- no transactions.

HTH,