A weird wordlist.db problem

Andreas ahasenack at terra.com.br
Sat Jun 11 15:20:12 CEST 2005

Matthias Andree wrote:
>>Sorry for the rant, this is a few months after I switched all my subversion
>>repositories over to fsfs because a similar problem ate all six of
>>them.
>

> I don't think so. Berkeley DB for subversion should only corrupt if
>
> 1. you're running a broken (i. e. older) version,
>
> 2. you're updating Berkeley DB without dumping the database before the
>    update and reloading it after the update.

We think that BDB is very robust. We have been running subversion with
it for a few years now and the database is already at 60Gbytes with no
problems whatsoever that we couldn't handle. No data was ever lost.

I will note, however, that BDB has "many buttons" that need to be
pressed to be fine tuned and become trustworthy.