What does Bogofilter gain from Berkeley DB?

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jun 11 00:15:41 CEST 2005

On 10-Jun-2005, Clint Adams wrote:
> > target binary packages for the various non-default backends.
> > (Debian is currently in this boat.)
>
> Actually, that will change just as soon as the ftpmasters approve
> the 0.94.14 packages.

What has changed in the 0.94.14 packages in regard to backend
database?

> >   - use a default database backend that is less fragile?
>
> I have no problems with BDB and bogofilter.

You are not alone. However, from the steady stream of cries for help
on this list that are met with "yeah, that's because the Berkeley DB
files got corrupted, you'll probably have to rebuild", I can only
conclude that Berkeley DB is too fragile for a default configuration
of bogofilter.

--
 \                         Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping. |
Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au>