ACME Labs mail filtering tutorial

Piotr KUCHARSKI chopin at sgh.waw.pl
Mon Jun 6 23:08:57 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 11:07:13AM -0700, Jef Poskanzer wrote:
> It's inherent in the way they are set up, ceding control of your
> mail system to a third party with no check on corruption.  Do not
> use DNS-RBLs.

You can use them efficiently for scoring. I patched postfix to
not reject, but deliver mail with 'X-Reject' header inserted.
Header contains an output of whatever restriction it followed,
RBLs included. This way I can train bogofilter with spam that
was not caught by bogofilter in the first run, but got some X-Reject
headers.

p.

PS Examples of X-Reject header:

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal