Stripsearch [was Re: ACME Labs mail filtering tutorial]

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Jun 6 19:00:52 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Carmean" <dlc at halibut.com>
> I *am* finding that the stuff that's getting bogofilter now is either
> pure cache poison or what I guess could be called a "thesaurus attack"
> where the sentence structure and vocabulary are varied.

For anyone not fundamentally opposed to using DNS block lists who is
receiving false negatives due to "thesaurus attacks" or textless image
links, I've written a pre-filter which parses the email body and looks up
any URLs in various DNSBLs or URIBLs and then replaces offending addresses
with a SPAM-ADDRESS token as well as a link to look up the URL in the block
lists which listed it.  Here's the source with documentation inside:
http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/stripsearch

Tom