ACME Labs mail filtering tutorial

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Thu Jun 2 06:27:18 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 06:18:40PM -0700, Jef Poskanzer wrote:
> I've been working on this for a few months, and just published it today:
>
>     http://www.acme.com/mail_filtering/
>
> Bogofilter is mentioned in the Bayesian section.

Interestingly, the google ad on the bayesian page has (for me,
anyway) a link to a vendor trashing existing bayesian tools and
promoting their Exchange-only "pattern recognition" system.

I *am* finding that the stuff that's getting bogofilter now is either
pure cache poison or what I guess could be called a "thesaurus attack"
where the sentence structure and vocabulary are varied.