bogofilter-0.95.2 - promoted to stable

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jul 29 01:58:30 CEST 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:27:46 -0300
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 07:27:27AM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Bogofilter-0.95.2 has passed its week of testing as a "Current Release"
> > and has been promoted to "Stable Release" status.
>
> I'm getting the (famous?) valgrind error in "make check":
> PASS: t.lock1
> PASS: t.lock3
> ==27220== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
> ==27220==    at 0x1B8F561F: index (strchr.S:177)
> FAIL: t.valgrind
> ======================
> 1 of 45 tests failed
> (1 tests were not run)
> ======================
>
> Besides disabling this test, any other hint?

Hi Andreas,

The valgrind test is an odd one.

You can get a bit more info by running it manually, i.e.

   cd src/tests
   t.valgrind -v

You can also run "sh -x t.valgrind -v" to see what commands are being
executed and manually run them from the command line.

As you've seen, valgrind can point to code (like strchr) that's in
glibc :->

When I run "make check" as my userid, it fails.  When I run as root, it
passes.  At one point I experimented with different versions of
valgrind and I think the results (pass/fail) depended on version.
Unfortunately, I don't have details.

Sorry but I can't be more helpful :-<