My fault, but what did(n't) I do?

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Mon Jan 31 20:33:34 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 09:48:35AM -0800, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> And, if I try to forward to an alias that points to
> |"/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -s" I get...
>
> status=bounced (Command died with status 3: "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter
> -s". Command output: Can't find HOME or BOGOFILTER_DIR in environment. )

This says that bogofilter can't find a BOGOFILTER_DIR
environment variable or a $HOME/.bogofilter directory.

I take it you have some sort of virtual (that is, non-unix account)
users?  You can tell bogofilter what directory to use with the -d
switch, ie:

 |"/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -d /path/to/global/.bogofilter -s"
 |"/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -d .bogofilter -s"

You might be able to use the later if that alias file has a .bogofilter
directory below it.  But it really depends on your mail server.  What
one are you using and how are you invoking this alias?

Chris