simplicity vs safety with complexity

Glenn Morris gmorris+bf at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 02:24:55 CET 2005

David Relson wrote:

> I've got a question for y'all.  Would you rather have
>
> 1) a wordlist that's simple, easy to backup, but vulnerable to software
> and hardware crashes; or
>
> 2) a wordlist that offers crash protection but is complex to maintain,
> backup, ...

Thank you for consulting.

Option 1 please. If it's easy to backup, who cares about crashes?

When I tried option 2, it was unusable for me due to NFS issues. I
really don't see the need for crash protection. It's always going to
be an added layer of complexity that makes the operation less robust,
AFAICS.