OpenBSD 3.4 isspace() b0rked

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 16:03:05 CET 2005

John <xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org> writes:

> Interestingly enough, POSIX appears to allow inluding extra space
> characters (same for upper/lower):
> "In the POSIX locale, at a minimum, the <space>, <form-feed>,
> <newline>, <carriage-return>, <tab>, and <vertical-tab> shall be
> included."

Does the C standard allow isspace() extensions in the C locale?  The
latest C99 draft doesn't, and .

Perhaps I should ask that question on the mailing list.

> I believe the reason OpenBSD decided to include extra characters is
> their lacking locale support (again, just an ot fyi).

I don't care why this is done until I am shown a strong proof that this
is allowed. Until that happens, bogofilter is unsupported on
OpenBSD. The workaround I posted happens to be easier readable too so
I'll leave it in.