separate MIME parsing

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 21 05:13:20 CET 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:13:09 +0100
C. Fischer wrote:

> * David Relson:
>
> > Mime processing involves recognizing mime boundaries, mime header parts, and
> > mime body parts.  It's closely tied to the parser, i.e. lexer_v3.l.
>
> well, that's a start.  aside from src/{mime.*,lexer.*}, what other files
> constitute the MIME parser?

Clemens,

Ultimately you'll probably need to include a lot of bogofilter.  I'm not
even going to try to list the files, but I'll give a bit of description:

lexer_v3.l calls a variety of functions in other files.  Just getting a
line of text to parse involves file reading with possible decoding of
qp, base64, or other formats.  Character set translation also occurs
during reading.  Also needed are memory allocation routines, buffer and
token processing, string processing, etc, etc

In addition to the needed parts of bogofilter, you'll also have to deal
with different techniques and routines for reading the input and with
having to make the routines work together.   It's not a task for the
faint of heart!

HTH,