Problem compacting databases

Juan J. Martinez jjm at usebox.net
Wed Jan 19 13:26:13 CET 2005

En 19/01/05 12:42, Matthias Andree escribía:
>>After reading FAQ instructions
>>(http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.shtml#compact-database) I try to
>>compact my database and I get the following error:
>>
>># bogoutil -v -d wordlist.db | bogoutil -v -l wordlist.db.new
>>bogoutil: Unexpected input [d'informÃ] on line 18719. Expecting
>>whitespace before count.
>

> Can you save the bogoutil -d output to a text file and show that line
> and some surrounding lines?

Oh! I restored de wordslist.db :( Let's wait it happens again. Sorry.

Moreover I think my bug report is kinda incomplete. I'm using bogofilter
with a sendmail milter, and I'm not sure if that problem is consequence
of the training option of the milter. May be two threads tried to write
at once on the wordlist.db and that fucked the db. The milter relies on
bogofilter to manage such situations, and AFAIK that shouln't be a
problem, should it? I'm using 0.92.8 and obviously without transaction
support...

This is the 2nd time this happens, and in both cases the string reported
by bogoutil on its error had characters as pointed in my first mail.
That's why I pointed to a charset issue.

Nevermind. Next time I notice this issue I'll send you detailed info.

Thanks you!

Regards,

Juanjo

--