DB_VERSION_MISMATCH -- a solution

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 17 01:55:45 CET 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:59:27 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > To illustrate this, I've put together the attached script, named
> > test_db_upgrade.  As written, it assumes that old and new versions of
> > bogoutil and of Berkeley DB are present.  On my system I have:
>
> The proper upgrade procedure is
>
> run:   bogoutil --db-remove-environment DIRECTORY (with DB 4.2)
>        upgrade to DB 4.3
>        start using things.
>
> It's as simple as that. Renaming wordlists without telling the Berkeley
> DB environment is not a good idea because this may prevent recovery.

Matthias,

You didn't read the script or the explanation.  The script used
db_recover to show converting between Berkeley DB versions.  The script
demonstrates that one bogoutil version could be used to create (load)
the wordlist and a different bogoutil version could dump it -- and the
final text output is the same as the original text input.