Sorting mails by spam probability using mutt and bogofilfer

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Sat Jan 15 18:43:06 CET 2005

[I was just reading the mailing list archives and I think my answer is
still relevant, because (surprisingly) I don't see it discussed or
documented.]

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:59:07PM +0000, JUANVAQUEROPONC wrote:
> I'm a mutt user.
> I'm using procmail + bogofilter.
> I sort mailing lists into separate folders and have lots of folders of my
> own.
> There may be some emails badly classified.
>
> How may I sort messages by spam probability?

In recent versions of mutt, there is a "spam detection" feature that can
be used for this.  My mutt configuration for it is

    spam "^X-Bogosity:.*spamicity=([^[:space:]]+)" %1

You may need to get mutt from CVS for this to work.  The Debian package
version in which this feature appeared is labeled 1.5.6-20040722+1.

Andrew