Program failure (-6)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Jan 15 02:21:37 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:09:11 -0800
Greg McCann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I didn't receive an expected email and when I took a look at my logs I saw this...
>
> In /var/log/maillog:
>
> Jan 14 16:54:50 newnewmail sendmail[4001]: j0F0snUl003992: to=<me at mydomain.com>, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=local, pri=32023, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: local mailer (/usr/bin/procmail) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
>
> In ~/procmail.log:
>
> procmail: Program failure (-6) of "bogofilter"
> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
> >From sender at senderdomain.com  Fri Jan 14 16:54:49 2005
> Subject: Subject
> Folder:                                                                   860
>
> I am using bogofilter version 0.91.1 Database: BerkeleyDB (4.0.14).
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to where I should begin looking for the problem?

Given the "-6" failure and how often negatives are errno.h values with
sign reversed, I took a look and found:

  #define  ENXIO  6  /* No such device or address */

which isn't obviously useful :-<  However, you _might_ be running out of
drive space or your wordlist might be nearing the max file size allowed
by procmail.  There's info in the FAQ on using postconf to show the
postfix limits.  What do "df" and "ls -lh wordlist.db" and postconf
report?

Given that you're using procmail, have you statments like the following in procmailrc?

  VERBOSE=yes
  LOGABSTRACT=yes
  LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail

They might provide useful info.

David

P.S.  The mailing list changed from aotto.com to bogofilter.org early
last year.  Since forwarding is still working, you don't _need_ to
change ...