Database environment permissions - multiple users

Dustin Butler dustin at intrcomm.net
Tue Jan 11 18:26:28 CET 2005

I'm curious if this is a problem.  I'm using a global database for all users in /var/spool/bogofilter.  There are a couple users that bogofilter runs as.  Via my procmail script I believe it is running root.mail? When users are registering/un-registering it runs as the web server httpd.httpd.

Previously this was not a problem with the single db file as I just set permissions on the wordlist.db file.  Now it seems permissions on the log.xxx files and __db.xxx files may change depending an the user running bogofilter when a new log.xxx file is created.

Thanks,
Dustin Butler