Wanting a pre-db4 bogofilter

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Feb 26 02:11:53 CET 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> I've just whipped together code to catch SIGINT, SIGKILL, and SIGTERM,

You'll never catch SIGKILL or SIGSTOP.

> and exit cleanly.  Need SIGSEGV, SIGFPE, SIGILL, and SIGABRT be dealt
> with ???

"Graceful shutdown" after SIGSEGV, SIGFPE, SIGILL is no good, as these
are hints to program bugs, and continuing after such a signal is
dangerous and can do more harm than good, so bogofilter should die from
these signals as it does now.

SIGABRT is used for debugging exclusively, when the internal state is
corrupted, so it should not be trapped either for the reasons given
above for SIGSEGV et al.