more maintenance problems: tuning

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Feb 18 11:35:11 CET 2005

Well, I tried to run the bogotune utility afterall.  I tried the '-d'
switch to quiet my previous error, but to no avail.

This was after I had run a db-verify, db-prune
dump and reload of the wordlist
again run a db-verify and db-prune

Something like:
bogoutil --db-verify=.bogofilter/wordlist.db
bogoutil --db-prune=.bogofilter
bogoutil -d .bogofilter/wordlist.db > /tmp/wordlist
bogoutil -l .bogofilter/wordlist_new.db < /tmp/wordlist
mv .bogofilter/wordlist_new.db .bogofilter/wordlist.db
bogoutil --db-verify=.bogofilter/wordlist.db
bogoutil --db-prune=.bogofilter
bogotune -E -d .bogofilter -n ham_box -s spam_box

Tuning completed.
PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
bogotune: DBE->txn_checkpoint returned DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
DB_ENV->close(0x80778b8): DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

subsequent runs of bogoutil --db-verify come up clean.

tallison at cling:~$ bogofilter -Q
# bogofilter version 0.93.5

robx        = 0.570000  # (5.70e-01)
robs        = 0.010000  # (1.00e-02)
min_dev     = 0.366000  # (3.66e-01)
ham_cutoff  = 0.200000  # (2.00e-01)
spam_cutoff = 0.569397  # (5.69e-01)
ns_esf      = 0.003662  # (3.66e-03)
sp_esf      = 0.004882  # (4.88e-03)

block_on_subnets  = Yes
charset_default   = us-ascii
replace_nonascii_characters = No
stats_in_header   = Yes
thresh_update     = 0.010000
timestamp         = Yes

spam_header_name  = X-Bogosity
spam_subject_tag  = ''
unsure_subject_tag = ''
header_format     = %h: %c, tests=bogofilter, spamicity=%p, version=%v
terse_format      = %1.1c %f
log_header_format = %h: %c, spamicity=%p, version=%v
log_update_format = register-%r, %w words, %m messages
spamicity_tags    = Spam, Ham, Unsure
spamicity_formats = %0.6f, %0.6f, %0.6f