UPS Batteries [was: catastrophic recovery required]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 17 00:51:43 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:54:23 +1100
Ben Finney wrote:

...[snip]...

> On 16-Feb-2005, Tom Anderson wrote:
> > And for goodness sake, get a UPS ;)
>
> My UPS has a dead battery, and I won't have the cash to buy another for
> quite a while.

Ben,

Something I learned a few years ago is that UPS's have replaceable
batteries.  Before that I thought I'd have to buy a new UPS when the
battery would no longer charge.  Instead, I learned that proper 6V
lead-acid batteries cost about US$25 and make the UPS "as good as new".
There's a chain called Batteries Plus in the US that fixed me up.  With
luck, you'll be able to do the same!

Regards,