ANN: bogofilter 1.0.1-pre RPMs with near-zero dependencies

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Dec 30 20:31:43 CET 2005

Al Donaldson writes:

> We're testing CentOS now as a platform for new installs, and so I was
> particularly happy to see that your static RPMs work well with our
> minimal CentOS 3.6 install.

Yup. If the boxes use anything else that needs db42 or sqlite3, use the
shared version though, even if it means building a db42 RPM yourself.

If you need low-maintenance, it _appears_ as though SQLite3 were easier
to handle than Berkeley DB in terms of disk use and user intervention.

> The availability of static all-in-one RPMs is great news for our customers,
> since it is the simplest installation possible, less to go wrong, etc.
> And any of our customers that are concerned about performance/memory can
> download and build bogofilter from source.  It's the best of both worlds.
>
> Thanks again to you and to David Relson.  If you want me to run the same
> sort of tests on subsequent significant releases, just let me know.

We'll have a 1.0.1 release soon, so you can then test again if the "real
thing" also works and otherwise let us know so we can fix it for 1.0.2.

Cheers,