BF works under Fedora Core 2 on an AMD

Al Donaldson al at escom.com
Tue Dec 13 23:28:26 CET 2005

I've downloaded bogofilter-1.0.0-1.i586.rpm and it runs fine on a Fedora
  Core 3 (Celeron).  The RPM installs on a Red Hat 9 system (AMD Duron),
but bogofilter dumps core.  Don't have a debugger on that machine, so
not sure why.  Both machines show up as i686 (uname -m), which leaves me
wondering if it is CPU issue since the RPM is i586.rpm.

Or is it a compatibility problem with Red Hat 9?  I have customers
running everything from RH 7.1 to Fedora Core 3, and would prefer to
point them to a bogofilter-static RPM instead of having to build it for
them on n different platforms.  Any suggestions?

This started out as a follow-up to ??David?? in a posting of the same
subject found by Google.  Apologies if the matter is explained
elsewhere, but I haven't found it.

Al