bogofilter daemon?

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Tue Dec 6 13:41:03 CET 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know of a bogofilter daemon that could be used to service
multiple users in a vpopmail ISP environment?

I'm thinking along the lines of writing a plugin for qpsmtpd to run
messages through bogofilter. This would be possible without a daemon,
but there may be security issues in accessing .bogofilter directories
stored in /home/vpopmail/domains/<domain>/<user> directory.

I suppose the bogofilter DBs could be stored somewhere else, e.g.
/var/qpsmtpd/bogofilter/<domain>/<local>

I suspect that performance would be better with a long-running daemon
servicing requests via a tcp or unix socket. Having said that, it will
have to open a different wordlist for each email so maybe there's not
much benefit in using a daemon?

Anyone got any thoughts on this matter?

R.