moving from .15 to 1.0.0.4

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 6 01:03:22 CET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:16:43 -0800 (PST)
r p wrote:

> For those of us making the big leap, is the best way to bring over our lists
>
> section 3.3.1 (Salvage raw data) of doc/bogofilter-1.0.0/README.db ?

Hi .rp,

Time for the big leap, eh?  I have the impression that some folks are
still running 0.13.x versions and (even older) 0.9.x versions.  I
wonder how many of them will make an even bigger leap :->

Do you have 1 wordlist, i.e. wordlist.db, or 2 wordlists (goodlist.db
and spamlist.db) ???  I'd use bogoutil to dump it (them) to text files,
install the new version, then load the text file(s) into a new
wordlist.  The procedure would be (roughly):

  DIR=$HOME/.bogofilter

  for DB in $DIR/*.db ; do
     bogoutil -d $DB > $DIR.new/`basename $DB .db`.txt
  done

  ... install new bogofilter

  for DB in $DIR.new/*.txt ; do
    bogoutil -l $DIR.new/wordlist.db < $DB