cannot dump wordlist

Matej Cepl ceplm at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 4 23:42:30 CET 2005

David Relson wrote:
> To run bf_resize, I copied db_archive and db_stat from
> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/bin to my bogofilter-0.93.5/src
> directory.  This added 2 lines to DB_CONFIG:
>
>   set_lk_max_locks 26096
>   set_lk_max_objects 26096
>
> With these values, I was able to successfully run
>
>    bogoutil -C -d wordlist.d/wordlist.db > wordlist.txt
>
> The "-C" option prevents bogoutil from reading a bogofilter.cf file
> which might contain conflicting lock or object counts.

Actually, what I did was to install libdb3-util here on my Debian/testing
and copied db3_archive, db3_stat, and db3_verify to the remote server (to
the local $HOME/bin directory which is $PATH). Then I have made links to
these with

$ for i in db3* ; do ln -sf `pwd`/$i $(echo $i | sed -e 's/db3/db/') ; done

and then I was able to run bf_resize. That give me DB_CONFIG with this
content

set_lk_max_locks 18952
set_lk_max_objects 18952

and I was able to dump wordlist.db with normal bogoutil (I even forgot to
use -C parameter).

Thanks a lot,

Matej

When you come to the fork in the road, take it
   -- L.P. Berra