cannot dump wordlist

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Dec 4 15:36:37 CET 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:11:05 +0100
> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>>
>> > Matej,
>> >
>> > Two additional ideas.
>> >
>> > 1 - copy wordlist.db to a new directory and try dumping that copy.
>> > Starting with a fresh directory might help.
>>
>> No. This can miss transactions that are in the log.* files but not in
>> the .db file. *.db and log.* are inseparable. Always and everywhere.
>
> Currently he has a wordlist that he can't dump.

I know the situation, and that particular situation is 100% recoverable
through db_resize. No need to go for half-baked solution if he can have
the cooked at less cost.

> What do you suggest he do about the error that started this thread, i.e.
>
>   bogoutil: (c_get): Cannot allocate memory

My suggestion is to disregard. This is just libdb's mapping for the
cleartext error message it has printed a line or two earlier, namely
that the lock table is exhausted.