New Release: Bogofilter 1.0.0

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 20:19:03 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:31:27 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Three years after Paul Graham's article "A Plan for Spam"
> inspired the creation of bogofilter, it has now reached a
> sufficient level of capability, maturity, and stability
> that it is worthy of the "1.0.0" label.
>
> Thanks go to: <snip>

Thanks also (of course), to you - not least for the speed
and courtesy with which you deal with enquiries, great and
small, on this list.

I guess it is about 5/6 years since I switched full time to
Linux and found Sylpheed (stable but not yet fully
featured), to be the only MUA that really suited me.  Then
came the spam flood and the installation of Bogofilter.  It
really is very satisfying indeed to see them both now
complete, stable, and, for those of us who want it,
combined.

The power of the open source model, and the unselfishness
of those who work so hard to support it, never cease to
amaze me.

Regards,

Geoff