Core dump only on Solatris 8 not 9

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 00:25:18 CEST 2005

The Ha <tha at stat.ubc.ca> writes:

> Hi
> Thanks for bogofilter, it works great.
> However, It works only on Solaris 9 SPARC server.
> I also have 2 Solaris 8 Sun sparc servers that bogofilter
> fail with a core dump.
> Notes:  I have no problem building both 0.95.2 and 0.9.6 on these servers.
> Both fail with core dump.
>

> open("/usr/lib/iconv/alias", O_RDONLY)          Err#2 ENOENT
>     Incurred fault #5, FLTACCESS  %pc = 0xFEF40DA4
>       siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0xFFFFFFFF
>     Received signal #10, SIGBUS [default]
>       siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0xFFFFFFFF
>         *** process killed ***
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

Is there a chance that you might be able to retrieve a stack backtrace
(with gdb) for us so we know where exactly it failed? It doesn't take
long and isn't difficult to do.

I wrote up a tiny howto for my other project, leafnode, here:
<http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/doc_en/FAQ.html#backtrace> - the same
procedure should work for bogofilter: simply read the document,
replace .../sbin/leafnode by .../bin/bogofilter and you should be set.

You may need to install "GDB" first, blastwave.org has ready-made
packages though and an easy-to-use "pkg-get" script.