No X-Bogosity Gen'd in Headers

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Apr 28 10:54:36 CEST 2005

JoeHill <joehill at sympatico.ca> writes:

> Well, I don't quite understand anything after the first sentence of
> the passthrough explanation, but of course that has little to do with
> the quality of the documentation, if you catch my meaning.

The rest of the -p documentation is about memory consumption - we wanted
to document that passthrough mode can be heavy on the memory if you
allow your users messages of, say 100 MB in size, and have like 30
processes running at the same time.

It does not usually matter for home users, as often the setup limits
individual messages to perhaps 10 or 30 MB and the system would run no
more than 10 delivery processes at the same time - this would fit into
any somewhat up-to-date PC nowadays.