bf_compact drops the db environment

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Tue Apr 19 14:24:20 CEST 2005

[This is my third try on this, the other messages must have been lost
during the list crash].

This is a very small point but it startled me. I had not added
db_transaction=yes to my configuration file, instead relying on the
auto-detection feature. bf_compact in 0.94.3 therefore dropped the db
environment. Adding db_transaction=yes restored the behavior I expected
when I ran bf_compact again.

bf_compact is such a simple utility I'm not sure it's worth trying to
add auto-detection to it. Just wanted to mention.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                              History of Astronomy
http://sattre-press.com/               During the 19th Century