Changing from TXN to NON-TXN mode [was: Bogofilter-0.94.1 ... ]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 9 13:56:11 CEST 2005

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 07:42:44 -0400
Tom Allison wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Bogofilter-0.94.1 probes to see if the wordlist is in a transaction or non-
> > transaction directory and also allows run-time mode specification (via
> > options --enable-transactions and --disable-transactions). See
> > RELEASE.NOTES and NEWS for further details.
>
> Sorry to sound stupid, but what do you do if you already have a
> transactions database and would like to revert to a non-transactional
> system?

Hi Tom,

Good question!  The probe_txn function attempts to "join" the Berkeley
DB environment.  When that fails and the bogofilter_dir doesn't contain
any log files, then bogofilter runs without transactions.

Just use bf_copy and you'll have a new directory without any
transaction related files.  I've successfully used the following
command sequence:

   bf_copy bogodir bogotmp
   mv bogodir bogodir.old
   mv bogotmp bogodir