using bogofilter on smtp server side

Michal Sabala bogo at saahbs.net
Wed Apr 6 19:28:10 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using bogofilter for many years out of my procmail and it
worked out great.

I'm replacing mail server at work (qmail, but thats not an issue) and
piping every message received via smtp through `bogofilter -p -e`. Using
my personal wordlist (from bogofilter in procmail) doesn't work well
since rcvd:, from: and to: keys no longer match. I bounced a bunch of spam
from my workstation to the new mail server, and half of it is now
unsure (due to different keys in the header).

I'm pondering how to treat messages send to spam at my.mail.server and
nonspam at my.mail.server by my users to train bogofilter. I'll ask users
to bounce missclassified messages, but I know some of them might reply
or forward to these addresses.

What is the best strategy? Strip the header of the messsage and
reclassify just the body? Try to determine if message was forwarded
instead of bounced and only then strip the header? Or jest let it all in
and let the algorithm handle it?

How do you do it?

Thanks,
  Michal

PS. please cc me as I'm not on the mailing list.