many spams getting through

tallison at tacocat.net tallison at tacocat.net
Mon Sep 20 15:15:01 CEST 2004

> On September 13, 2004 2:02 pm, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> Has your database become corrupt? Try:
>>
>> bogoutil -d ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db >/dev/null
>> db_verify ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db
>>
>> Both should not produce any output.
>
> Neither produced any output.
>
>> Then, check
>> bogoutil -d ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db 2>&1 | less
>>
>> and see if it looks complete lexicographically.
>
> it seems to have entries for every imaginable word (and some unimaginable
> ones
> <g>). I stopped when I got to the lower case letters though.
>
> I have decided it may have been an anomaly. Thanks for all the help.

I'm surprised with all the discussion about setting ham/spam cutoff values
that no one has mentioned bogotune to you.

Read up on it.  It's a good starting point when trying to find the right
parameter values for ham_cutoff, spam_cutoff and a few others as well.

But you need to save your emails (3000 ham and 3000 spam?) to get the best
options.

All this is in the man pages...