0.92.6's bogotune much slower?

Valient Gough vgough at pobox.com
Wed Sep 1 14:25:42 CEST 2004

machine, taking 120Mb of memory (no swapping).  The process is CPU bound
and only looks to be about half finished.

First, let me say thanks for bogofilter - I've been using it for a long
time and it has been great.

I just upgraded from 0.92.0 to 0.92.6 and am seeing performance problems
with bogotune.  I have a couple thousand ham message and approx 22
thousand spam messages in maildir folders (10:1 spam:ham is why I'm glad
to have the combination of bogofilter and spamassassin for email).

The wordlist file is 35Mb in size.  I've set the db_cachesize to 32Mb,
but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I ran bogotune under 0.92.0 to get my current settings a few months ago,
and that took on the order of 2 hours for the run.  I decided to run
again since I have a few thousand more messages to try and optimize
against.

Has bogotune become much slower in recent releases?  Is there anything I
can do to make it faster?

regards,
Valient Gough